Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Well, that was a surprise...

As I am not surprised by today’s action in the least…I think the next real surprise may be the heights to which the dollar rises and depths to which assets fall. Clearly, the boys in Washington, having been led by the illustrious Larry Summers, can make no mistakes - or any that they will admit to. The reality is, of course, rather different. What we really have is a comedy of errors. Given that, I am very long the dollar and quite short assets and comfortably sitting with big profits again this month. I am now approaching triple digit returns for almost all of my segregated accounts for the month so far, which I have never done before…personally, I see the markets following through in a big way and this may be the biggest month of trading afforded to us all in a long long time.

If this market is confusing to you, my suggestion is to do anything but being complacent - its likely to be a very uncomfortable ride unless one is very clear and focused. Stand aside in that case and wait for a healthier and more compatible market.

On another note, I am doing a webinar tomorrow at http://bigmiketrading.com. I will be discussing lots of trading related issues and an in-depth discussion regarding psychology and risk. I invite you to attend. You can register at this link:


Big Mike trading is a trading forum run by “Big Mike” and is the 4th largest trading community/forum on the web. Mike is a trader and really runs the place…I look forward to seeing you there.

 
© 2009 m3, ltd. All rights reserved.